One of the most beautiful cities in the world
Its works of art and museums are the destination each year of millions of visitors. The Tuscan chief town is a world patrimony of Unesco, an acknowledgement that highlights its artistic and architectural greatness. It is impossible to describe the charm of Piazza della Signoria, the Cathedral, the Old Bridge… You just have to see it. Just 1 hour drive from Casa Podere Monti ( 60 km).
Florence in a day: What to see in Florence in one day?
Florence can easily be defined the destination in Tuscany which is most visited by tourists from all over the world. It is an open-air museum and offers a myriad of possible visits and tours. It can truly be said that Florence has so much to offer and that it is not easy to choose what to see, especially when you only have a few hours.
What can be seen in a day in Florence ?
- Piazza del Duomo: The first and not to be missed visit is that to Piazza del Duomo, the heart of Florence. At the centre, the majestic Duomo with the Brunelleschi Dome, the Baptistery and the Giotto bell tower. Having little time it is not possible to visit each monument inside but I strongly advise to visit even just the dome and the Duomo.
- Via de Calzaiuoli & Piazza della Signoria: Walking along the Duomo, you reach via dei Calzaiuoli, full of shops and bars and finally Piazza della Signoria, which has represented the fulcrum of Florentine politics for centuries and centuries. At the side, Palazzo Vecchio which is still the Town Hall and also a museum. To the right of Palazzo Vecchio is Loggia dei Lanzi with the copy of David by Michelangelo and other famous sculptures amongst which is Perseus by Benvenuto Cellini.
- La Galleria degli Uffizi: Just a few metres away from Palazzo Vecchio there is the Galleria degli Uffizi (Uffizi Gallery), one of the most famous and visited Italian museums every year. Inside you find a riot of Renaissance works of art. Often tourists get discouraged with the long queues in front of the museum. To overcome a useless waste of time, it is warmly recommended to book your visit in advance. Here at Casa Podere Monti, we can freely book your visit 3 or 4 days ahead.
- Ponte Vecchio: Do not miss going for a short walk on the splendid Ponte Vecchio with its glittering shop windows. Give yourselves a few minutes to take photos before continuing to visit the city.
- The most beautiful view of Florence: Not to be missed! If you love photography and breathtaking views then you cannot miss the view of Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo.